Blockchain Sensor Data Marketplace Data Broker DAO’s Token Sale is Now Live
Originally published on: CoinSpeaker
Read the original article
April 26, 2018
A decentralized marketplace for sensor data, DataBroker DAO, has just kicked off its main token sale, enabling backers from across the globe full access to their native DTX token. The platform allows owners of devices with different sensors to monetize their personal data, giving opportunities to different businesses and research organizations to acquire accurate and relevant data in an ethical and easy manner.
The event has started today and is open for the public to acquire its DTX tokens at discounted rates. As a decentralized marketplace, DataBroker DAO taps into the efficiency and low trading expenses of blockchain, allowing more profit to sellers and lower costs to buyers.
DTX Token Sale Details
The public event is running for a full month, ending on 26th May, 2018. The event gives buyers a chance to claim 4000 DTX tokens at the exchange rate of 1 ETH. Their generous referral system gives a 5% bonus on all tokens sold through references, and there is a 10% discount available to DTX purchasers today, April 26th. There is a KYC procedure to go through to participate in the sale to avoid any future regulation issues.
Backers wishing to buy the coins can go to their website and sign up. On the website there is a host of information such as the Ethereum e-wallet address where the DTX tokens will be transferred. Once the KYC procedure is complete and a confirmation email arrives, buyers can send their ETH to the listed address and claim their DTX tokens. DataBroker DAO has already signed up with digital exchange Chankura to list their tokens a week after the sale ends, allowing public trading.
How is DataBroker DAO Going to Change the Market?
Devices we take for granted today generate a lot of user specific data that we might not see much of a value in, but is gold for data researchers. The platform offers a unique place to:
- Trade sensor data in an ethical manner.
- Eliminate middlemen, reducing intermediary cost.
- Conduct transparent, open transactions.
- Exercise complete control of data by owners, letting them sell only what is desired.
- Gain easy access to accurate and relevant data for organizations and researchers.
- Take advantage of fast, secure and instant transfer of money.
In order to let the public know what and how exactly is the platform going to be beneficial, the DataBroker DAO team is currently on a roadshow, connecting with public and notable blockchain figures through a host of summits and conferences. Future stops include:
- May 2nd-3rd: Future Blockchain Summit, Dubai.
- May 3rd: FPA Connects, Dubai.
- May 2nd-5th: AND& Festival, Louvain, Belgium.
- May 3rd-4th: Arch Blockchain Summit, Luxembourg,
- May 3rd-4th: Blockchain in Health, London, UK.
- May 12th-13th: World Satoshi Summit, New Delhi, India.
- June 6th: IOT Smart Cities Convention Europe, Antwerp, Belgium.
- June 11th-14th: MoneyConf, Dublin, Ireland.
- July 9th-13th: Rise Conference, Hong Kong, China.
- October 22nd-25th: SIBOS, Sydney, Australia.
DataBroker DAO gives a first of its kind trading place for data generated by ordinary people from their devices, such as mobiles and IoT gadgets, helping organizations ethically acquire data, and the public take back the power from their incumbent data.